Please see below contacts for Special Educational Needs and Disability at Greenfield Community College:
Mrs L. Lumsdon is the designated Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Coordinator (SENDCo) and would be the first point of contact for information about SEND provision.
- Miss S. Williams (Assistant SENDCo)
- Mrs B. McKie (Associate SENDCo)
- Mr D. Priestley (Executive Headteacher)
- Miss L. Forkin (Deputy Headteacher Ambition and Development)
- Mr L. Ingleby (Designated SEN Governor)
The above named people can be contacted by telephone on 01325 300378 or by email [email protected]
It is the SENDCo’s responsibility to:
- Oversee the day to day operation of the schools SEND policy and line manage the SEND team.
- Liaise with the relevant designated teacher where a looked after student has SEND.
- Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEN support.
- Advise on the deployment of the schools delegated budget and other resources to meet the student’s needs effectively.
- Liaise with and provide a point of contact for parents/carers of students with SEND who can telephone the school on 01325 300 378 or email [email protected]
- Liaise with and be a point of contact for external agencies.
- Liaise with previous and potential next providers of education to ensure students and their parents are informed about options and the smooth transition is planned.
- Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEND students up to date.
- Work with the Executive Head Teacher and school Governors to determine the strategic development of the SEND policy and provision in the school.
- Work with the Executive Head teacher and governing board to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities under the Equality Act 2010 with regards to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements.